LIMS uses Microsoft SQL server or Oracle databases to store and retrieve data. The high reliability of these databases, their abilities to handle huge amounts of data, their powerful features with respect to data integrity, security and portability have made them the best choice for many applications.
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition(Version 2008 R2/2012/2014) or Oracle Standard Edition One (Version 10g/11g/12c)
- Operating System: Windows 2008 R2 or later / Linux / Unix variations supported by Oracle
- Hard Drive Capacity: 10GB per site per year recommended
- Architecture: 32 bit and 64 bit compatible
- Supports: Virtualization and terminal services
LIMS client applications are user-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) with the majority of functionality available via a web browser or smart phones. The client PC may run Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 7 / 8. LIMS is a stand-alone product, and does not require any additional software or utilities.
LIMS forms are completely integrated with Microsoft® Office (as a free optional feature) and can import Excel spreadsheets as well as export them. Please note that Microsoft® Excel must be purchased separately from an authorized vendor.
LIMS is a true client-server application. The server application is separate from the client application. Design of the logic and business rules keeps network traffic to a minimum. Special considerations allow the client application to reduce the volume of transmitted data through the network. This is especially useful for slow and remote connections.
LIMS can be deployed across internet protocol (IP) connections using Citrix or Microsoft terminal server mode, to allow users straightforward access throughout the organization, at remote or home offices.