Pulp and paper mills often use LIMS as a wood or fiber procurement system. Checking deliveries for moisture content, contaminants, etc. requires detailed sampling and testing in the lab. LabWiz software can help.
- Chip lab employees are required to spot subtle errors in data and make appropriate corrections even though their alertness is reduced due to repetitive data entry.
- Software and hardware used to gather data is, in many cases, outdated. When interfaced with modern lab hardware, automation is low, and employees are expected to ensure data accuracy.
- Maintaining a structurally weak interface between new and old hardware is costly and time consuming. Employees need training to operate both old “legacy” systems and efficient modern systems.
- Firm owners recognize that restructuring and homogenizing are required to stay competitive, but they’re often unable to find an effective and affordable solution worth investing in.
3LOG Systems’ LabWiz is designed to overcome these challenges and improve your business. With LabWiz, you can:
- Eliminate software and hardware incompatibility issues
- Minimize repetitive tasks
- Identify and correct errors in data
- Increase operation effeciency
- LabWiz is a data capture application integrated within 3LOG’s Log Inventory & Management System (LIMS).
- LabWiz acquires results of chip moisture, contaminant, and fraction testing at the mill and feeds data back into LIMS.
- LabWiz captures test results from loads of purchased chips, sawdust, shavings, hog fuel, Digester, Woodroom, and new vendor chip samples.
- To further automate lab processes, LabWiz interfaces easily with most lab scales, touch screens, and barcode scanners.
- LabWiz is designed to reduce user-training time and, at the same time, ensure a high-level of data integrity.
- The Microsoft® Windows®-based program has a user-friendly graphic interface.
- Sample information, weight readings, and chip classifiers can be imported rather than manually entered.
- LabWiz minimizes keyboard error, since data is electronically captured.
- LabWiz’s built-in data validation logic identifies errors so operators can correct them quickly.
- LabWiz has a highly configurable infrastructure – users can define as few or as many test metrics as required. This way, results, from simple weighing to complex component analysis, can be captured, processed, and exported by one easy-to-use program.
- Loads and samples information is directly imported from LIMS
- Compatible with a wide range of hardware, such as lab scales, barcode scanners, etc.
- Highly customizable infrastructure to accommodate different types of tests and samples
- Quick lab results entry
- Test results automatically calculated based on weight measurements
- Intuitive and efficient user interface, similar to LIMS
- Easy data sorting and filtering
- Data validation and field highlighting to allow for prompt correction
- Various file types supported for exporting of lab data (including Microsoft® Excel spreadsheets)
- Effortless creation of comprehensive analytical reports
- Customer support from our knowledgeable staff
- Reduces operating costs and training time
- Cuts down repetitive data entry tasks
- Increases efficiency and productivity
- Increases data accuracy
- Improves security and accountability
LabWiz is designed to reduce user training time and, at the same time, ensure a high-level of data integrity. The Microsoft® Windows®-based program has a user-friendly graphic interface. Sample information, weight readings, and chip classifiers can be imported rather than manually entered. Since data is electronically captured, keyboard error is therefore minimized. The data validation logics built-in the program will point out any errors so that operators can correct them promptly.
LabWiz has a highly configurable infrastructure. The user can define as few or as many test metrics as required. This way, results from a whole range of testing procedures, from simple weighing to complex component analysis, can be captured, processed, and exported by one easy-to-use program.