The Log Inventory and Managements System Delivery Manager tracks all information related to your timber, log, wood and fiber deliveries. Such information will include arrival date, time and location, timber source, truck, gross and net weight, species of wood, form of wood (raw logs, cut logs, chips, etc.), and so on.
All information is cross-validated against related database tables, and is immediately available to other modules (inventory, payment, etc.) in real time. LIMS is much more than a wood procurement system; it is comprehensive business management software for the forestry, wood products, pulp and paper and lumber industries.
LIMS relates all deliveries back to their original sources and hence tracks chain-of-custody and other sustainability (SFI) certification.
- Imports load information from WeighWiz and other weight capture software into LIMS
- Verifies, with the Timber Manager, the existence and accuracy of the approval area, block, setup number, and species associated with each load
- Verifies, with the Contract Manager, the existence and accuracy of the contracts and truck configurations
- Accepts many types of products including log samples, chip samples, pieces (logs), and different weigh scale software
- Ensures that delivered wood volumes are associated with the proper contract
- Links Ministry of Forests and Range (MoF) numbers to timber sources
- Checks the scale information against a scale location table
- Manages trucks and haulers
- Reports on Truck turn-around time, yard time, overweight information, etc.
- Increases information accuracy by verifying information with Timber and Contract Managers
- Provides flexibility by accepting many different types of products
- Updates the mill and bush inventories by alerting the Inventory Manager
- Track delivery depletions against individual sources
- Create larger-scale delivery budgets, quotas and wood orders (e.g. by business unit or vendor)
- Monitor actuals against plan
- Report on variances
- Pinpoint unexpected variances in deliveries
- Get the information you need to make immediate corrections to delivery schedules