Optional LIMS modules provide two solutions specific to British Columbia:
Harvest Billing System (HBS)
British Columbia’s Ministry of Forests and Range (MOF) now uses the Harvest Billing System (HBS), which replaces old reporting systems such as Harvest Database Billing System (HDBS), Harvest Billing Reporting (HBR), Central Invoicing System (CIS), and Scale Return Tracking System (SRTS).
HBS is more responsive and flexible, using modern web-based technologies to capture data electronically, and more frequently, take it right from the source. Benefits include reduced paperwork, increased billing flexibility, and improved audit and reconciliation processes.
Using the latest web technologies, LIMS can verify electronic data transmissions, according to MoF standards, before they’re submitted. This eliminates errors and time wasted in correcting them. Scale returns can also be submitted on a daily basis, enabling up-to-date reporting to the industry, the Ministry, and the public.
With the new HBS, BC forestry companies have to make changes when reporting to MoF. For example, data must now be submitted in the required HBS XML format, requiring new software and employee training.
With built-in features for MOF compliance, LIMS is your system of choice for HBS submission and receipt of stumpage invoices and statements. 3LOG can also provide consulting services on electronic transmission (FTP) both to and from your company and the Ministry, cutting your manual administrative effort.
- LIMS reports to the HBS without having to add new software to the existing infrastructure.
- LIMS is designed for BC users to calculate HBS Rate, Ratio, and Stumpage.
- Data is electronically submitted to the HBS in the proper MoF format.
- LIMS correctly and efficiently interfaces with the HBS for data reporting tasks.
- LIMS imports load data, invoices, and samples in XML format. MoF’s XML Schemas are used for data verification.
For BC weigh scales, WeighWiz BC offers an equivalent solution. WeighWiz BC is a customized version of WeighWiz, designed to meet BC’s forest industry’s needs. WeighWiz BC has all the features of WeighWiz (large fonts, color-coded fields, customizable interface, easy synchronization with LIMS, etc.), plus the ability to prepare data, print, and generate reports in formats required by MoF.
- Connects to HBS with ease
- Generates MoF Stumpage (accrual, invoice, and reconciliation batches)
- Formats data into MoF required XML format
- Validates data using XML Schema (e.g. Schema supplied by MoF)
- Prints HBS-compliant weigh slips
- Produce Daily Audit Log and custom reports
- Does not require any additional software or modification
- Manages the entire operation and meet ministry reporting requirements in one complete software package
- Saves resources from unnecessary extensive training because WeighWiz BC is user friendly
- Eliminates incompatibility issues
- Reduces operational costs
It is important to monitor and control the quality of logs your Vendors deliver to you.
Log scalers capture rich and precise metrics about logs as each load is delivered. Not only do scalers measure lengths and diameters, they also note deformities and defects in individual logs.
With the latest technology, scalers can capture these metrics using advanced handheld devices.
What’s needed now is a way to integrate this rich, in-depth information about log quality into the corporate database. We want to be able to compare actual log quality with that promised by Vendors in their contracts, so that we pay only for the quality we actually receive. We also want to know how each Vendor is performing in terms of quality. And we don’t want to use multiple computer systems or duplicate data entry.
- LIMS directly imports load information captured by handheld devices.
- LIMS stores this information in the corporate database.
- LIMS makes this information available to all other modules within the system, including Report Wizard.
- Easily import raw data files from your handheld devices
- Categorize lengths and quality defects according to your company’s own definitions and preferences
- Associate the scaler’s metrics with all your other data for each load (weigh-scale data, contract terms, delivery details, etc.)
- In British Columbia, import HBS-format sample data
- Avoid duplication of data entry with LIMS’ direct import features
- Store detailed quality metrics with each load
- Pay only for the quality you actually receive
- Use LIMS’ powerful analytical and reporting tools to monitor log quality from one central database
- Integrate your log quality data with all your other data about your timber operations
- Analyze log quality by load, source, contract, vendor, or any other related parameter in the entire system